July 13, 2015

Set Apart SPOTLIGHT ft. Kaye Olivar

I used to sit inside my high school gym watching students practice for a wrestling match. It’s not like the WWE we see on TV where they’re situated inside a ring, where there are no rules and chairs are being thrown out of nowhere. WWE is just an illusion that I believed was true when I was growing up. But the wrestlers I watched at school used their bodies to put down their opponents or to get them out of the drawn circle. It looked simple, but the sport required great strength, endurance and a willful mind.
Jacob wrestled with the angles for the blessing he was praying for and he didn’t stop until God decided to bless Him. Waiting on God and His promises can sometimes feel like we’re being wrestled, not by Him but by ourselves. Oswald Chambers said we are not to wrestle with God, but with things in front of God.
There is a reason why God hasn’t allowed that relationship just yet. Why He’s holding your steps back. Why that guy you’ve been praying for hasn’t given you commitment.
Before Adam received Eve, He first dwelt with God and had fellowship with Him in the garden. In everything that God has done He called them “good’ but why did Eve have to enter in? If you think about it Adam was perfect, lacking nothing, sin wasn’t dwelling within Him yet. He had no needs, but yet God said “it is not good for man to be alone”. On January of this year, I was having my own personal struggles with a relationship that I have been praying for. I’ve been waiting for a relationship for almost 9 years. As frustrations clouded my mind, I started questioning God why He’s making me wait. Why this guy who has a relationship with Him refuses to give me commitment.
A few days after that prayer, I was just roaming around a bookstore and decided to read one of the books. I got my hands on one called “Captivating” by Stasi Eldredge. And as I sit on the matted floor, I randomly opened the section about commitment. I knew then that God was speaking to me. The writer talked about Eve and the need of her existence.
As a young woman, we long to be pursued, to be committed to, to be loved, to honored, to be everything to a person. We want someone who will rescue us, who will share memories with us and will romance us each and every day of our lives. As I kept on reading on the passages, my heart broke because I realized that Adam and Eve reflected the character of God. Adam was the hunter, the wild at heart, the rescuer, while Eve was the one to be waited for, to be pursued and loved. God’s desire toward us was reflected by what these two people possessed inside of them.
God spoke to me through my situation. I slowly realized that my relationship with Him needed work. That as my heart cries for a relationship, security and commitment, God is looking the exact same thing from me. I felt broken for God. I felt His love for me, His longing to be involved in my life.
Are you struggling with singleness? Focus on God. Maybe God is speaking to you in that situation. Song of Songs says “do not awaken love until it so desires”. Maybe this is not the season for you to enter a relationship, ask God what He wants you to focus on. A great pastor once told me, if you know that this is not the right season and your heart is awake, ask God to put it back to sleep. If you know that the person you’re praying for don’t have a relationship with God yet, keep on praying. The best feeling in the world is knowing that you’re partner in life is also you’re partner in your life’s call.
Do you feel fallen, defeated, broken or being wrestled by what’s inside of you? Ask God for help, He will get you through this season. I believe that God supports those whose heart are always desiring His honor and glory.
As for me, I know that one day God will send me that man who I will kneel before Him in that altar. I know that the person He will give me has great reverence and fear towards Him. Holding our hands up high, our relationship, marriage and the life after will be a great testimony for this generation. That God blesses those who wait on Him and He alone writes the best love story.
I pray that as you read each post on this website, may the Spirit of the Lord continue to transform you. May He open up your eyes to see that waiting is not a burden, but it is a season to get to know Him better and be used by Him mightily and effectively.
Waiting on God,
Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment