March 20, 2016

Being Patient Through the Process

My name is Kenyetta and I am currently pursuing a degree in business administration at a local community college.  I have been attending my school since the spring of 2013. Although the school is considered to be a 2-year institute that does not necessarily mean you are expected to complete your program within that exact time frame.
A few people have asked me, “Kenyetta, why have you not yet transferred to a 4-year college?” Well, I will first say that I am truly appreciative to be given the opportunity of receiving a higher education. Secondly, I personally chose to attend a Jr. College because it was affordable and I refused to take out student loans if I did not have to. Lastly, I was not fully sure of what I wanted to do in my life, so I thought it was best to take small steps.
With so many voices telling me which direction to take often left me feeling discouraged. Compared to many of my friends who were attending 4-year universities, I did not feel as capable of making such achievements. I would begin questioning if I was could actually excel in college. Continuously comparing myself was not the best way to handle my situation Overtime I began to appreciate more of what God was teaching me throughout this process, and that was patience.

I turned my focus from other people’s lives and point in views and looked to God for guidance. I knew there was a greater purpose for what He had me going through. I would like to share with you 5 tips on how to continue pursuing Christ while waiting on him to bring you to your special calling.


Pray
It is highly impossible for us to walk in our godly purpose with no source of direction from our heavenly Father. He wants us to come to Him when things are going good and even when life gives us a heavy load of problems. Never be afraid to talk to the Lord about anything, he wants to be the head in our lives. Trust in him.
“Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7, KJV)


Grow in God’s Word
Continue to apply the word of God to your everyday life. The worse thing any of us could do is to completely lose sight of where God is leading us to. But with growth comes choices. And many times we will have to learn to let go of our own way, and trust in God’s way. He knows what is best for us all.
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” (Proverbs 1:7, KJV)


Show Gratefulness
Be thankful for what God has done in your life. We may not always have what we want, but we do have the gift of life. Also, do not become jealous of other people’s walk with Christ. Encourage, yet understand that every person who is living accordingly to God’s word has faced numerous trials and tribulations to get where they are and so will you.
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” (Romans 12:2, KJV)


Set Goals
Time to get out the paper and pen! I am sure there is something you wish to achieve. Maybe God has given you a vision about a starting a business, selecting a career or serving in ministry. Begin to write out short-term and long-term goals and remember to always pray for guidance before taking any steps forward.
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33, KJV)


Become Active
Let us get up and get moving! Tomorrow as we know is not promised, therefore we should be using each day to make progress towards our goals. Make connections with companies and individuals both online and offline who can help you develop necessary experience and skills. Do not be afraid to reach out and ask questions nor fear rejection. The harder you try, the more improvements you will make.


“Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.” (Proverbs 16:3)


With all being said, God has not forgotten about you. There comes a time when we must learn to wait on God and His perfect timing. Do not rush into making decisions nor do you want to miss out on what God is teaching you throughout the process and that is to always trust in Him. Be blessed.

Kenyetta Hudson has a passion for leading souls into finding their true identity in Christ. With a loving heart, she enjoys volunteering with several non-profit organizations and ministries that empowers youth, young adults and families in Christ Jesus. Kenyetta is currently a college student pursuing a degree in business administration and someday aspires to travel and share the gospel of Jesus Christ. Instagram




Clear your calendar! Set Apart Lifestyle: College kicks off on March 25th, and you're invited to take part in the first of many She is Set Apart Lifestyle Events. Our topic is on being set apart in college.This FREE 3 hour event will feature a Q&A panel, mini-workshops, spoken word and more. The focus of this event is to give practical tips on how to navigate the college life while still living for Christ.  The University of Houston (4800 Calhoun Road) is our meeting spot for a night of encouragement and real talk. Come one, come all, bring a guest, and let's grow together. This is going to be epic! RSVP to claim your FREE spot now - works only on laptop and desktop.



No comments:

Post a Comment