August 6, 2015

Set Apart SPOTLIGHT ft. Laly Elgueta

There are days when you wake up and you don’t know your life will change forever. In my case it was an autumn sunshiny day when my future made a turning point to a new direction, pointed by God himself.  I didn’t know a simple pure hearted promise would shape the years to come. 
I was only 21 years old and like any other girl I wanted to experience love and romance. I had been praying about this amazing young man who was interested in having a relationship with me, but since he was not a Christian, I was hesitating. The Father had already made me know His disapproval and during that morning I was going to let this boy know about my final decision too.
Despite having an answer, I was not happy about it. I was fighting in my heart with the Father about his negative whensomething amazing happened. The Father asked me to keep myself apart for Him until marriage. I agreed because I thought I had no more choicesNow I think how little I knew God to think that. As soon as I gave Him my response He made me a question it would change my whole life story. He wanted to know if I was willing to be faithful to my future husband even before we met. That moment was a turning point in my life. An overwhelming feeling of love invaded my heart and I was able to hear the Holy Spirit’s voice saying this was the kind of romantic love I would one day experience. The only requirement was faithfulness to God and to my future husband.

Nineteen years later I still keep my promise. It has been a journey of ups and downs as well of great rewards and heartbreaks. I don’t regret making that promise, because it haspreserved my life in many ways and allow me to discover that my purpose is [though still an important part in God’s plan for my life] bigger than being a wife or a mother. I am still waiting for that man. I still dream about my children. I am still faithful to him, but I have realized my life is more than my own dreams. No matter how good they are, if I focus only on them, I might lose bigger blessings and worse, my destiny in God.
There are days when I think everything will be ok and others when my ship just sink and burnt in front of my eyesTrust me, purposeful singleness is not easy; it is a challenge for brave hearts.
I want to see you in your wedding dress and serving God along a wonderful man, but this is not about how to get him. It is about how to get your destiny. 
During all this time I have learnt many valuable lessons I want to share with all of you who are willing to run a marathon. Courage and faith are the main requirements to sign up for this race. The final prize is not a marriage or a man, but a destiny and a purpose.
We as single women are intended to become social influencers.  Singleness is our Father’s gift to achieve that call.
My prayer is that you allow me to start this marathon along with you. While we ran this race together I hope you will discover your life purpose. I expect great things of you. I hope for women who will change and serve their generation no matter whichtheir current romantic situation is. I want to see you run and go beyond your own dreams to achieve God’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment