January 10, 2016

Set Apart SPOTLIGHT ft. Rosie Awori

I was in a relationship for a long time. And I was the relationship had its ups and downs, but overall, I was happy with it. Then I began to pursue God seriously. I waded out of the waters of stagnation and let Him into every aspect of my life.
But when I decided to let Him guide me through everything, He touched on my relationship. I coiled like a porcupine shooting spines to protect MY relationship.
Then I took a step back and let God show me why He needed me to be isolated. For the longest time I put everything into this relationship to make it look perfect. Even though I consulted God in everything, I never consulted Him when it came to this relationship. It was mine, and although we were both Christians, I was not living up to my full potential--always concerned what the other party would think. Risks were barely a part of my choices and nowhere close to being in my vocabulary.
We prayed and professed to putting God first, but there was an unequal yoking where we were not helping each other to grow. Soon, we realized that we were crowding each other and a single pursuit of God was necessary for growth.
When I did finally, wholly trust God, I walked into a whole new kind of a life--one in which my choices are single handedly drawn by Him, and every decision I take I know I am backed by the Alpha and Omega. It is not easy, but it is worth it because I trust Him as the potter moulding me for my purpose in His plan. I will wait on Him to perfect me for my destiny.


The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever:
Psalms 138:8a
Being single is healthy, the quietness and the singularity of a single life opens you up to hearing and receiving from God. The kind of single life I would encourage all to pursue is a life where the singular pursuit is to chase after God. The kind of chase described by King David as a deer panting for the waterbrook. Because the closer you draw to God the closer He draws to you. There are certain levels as one walks with God the only way to be elevated is to be separated.
He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.


Luke 19:3-4
In this sense, if you think about Zacchaeus being the shortest man around, and the crowd pushing and and moving with the usual hectic motions that crowds usually have, he realized that the only way he could see Jesus is if He separated himself--if he tore himself apart from the madding crowd and went higher.
So he single handedly climbed a tree and climbed it high so he could see Jesus.
The crowds are like fans in a concert: the performer can see the crowd but doesn’t know each and every person in the crowd. In order to be seen you must step away from the crowd. Zacchaeus did this and he was not only seen but Jesus said He was going to come and dine with Him--He was going to come to his house for dinner!
The same way in our lives sometimes our relationships are the crowds, especially when it is not ordained by God. We cannot reach that point of intimacy where Christ wants to come into our house, because the relationships that are not authored by God, have too much movement it is void of any stillness and silence.  Let yourself be guided by Him to relationships that are authored by Him will give the feeling of operating in a crowd there is no room for one on one with God.

Evaluate your life by taking honest looks at your relationships and find out if God is behind each one of them romantic and otherwise. Do not be afraid to be single! Realize that your separation will lead to elevation in your walk with God.
 
Rosie loves Jesus! She is a Kenyan born 25 year old living and studying in Canada. She loves writing, sitting at the park and observing people and she is crazy about cheesecake.
Blog | IG

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful and I believe God's nspired. Never thought of Zacchaeus'story that way. Its true we all need to take this moment (when were single) to get closer to God and do what we won't have time to do (orless time) once married with kids
    Amen

    ReplyDelete